One of the first things that people will notice when they visit your new basement is your renovated stairs. The project on your basement stairs renovation can make or break your budget as well as change entire look of your newly upgraded space. Many homeowners think repairing or altering their stairs is not that complicated. Believe us they seem straightforward, but stairs are a huge area of concern, as homeowners have to consider not only the style but also the safety and stability of this potentially hazardous area. Falls on stairs is one of the most common causes of injury in the home. An average of 500 people in Canada die every year from falling on stairs, and many more are injured.
Find here the costs of a straight basement staircase renovation in Toronto.
- https://house-renovations.com/Average price
A set of straight stairs (pre-built wooden stairs plus a custom-made handrail) cost $1,000 – $2,000, according to extra resources.However,very often manufacturers of pre-built staircases will charge $800 – $1000 for a set of straight basement stairs, usually all stringers with precut lumber.
- What is not included in price?
- Keep in mind, that this sum does not include newel posts, balusters or platforms.
- The used material is usually softer than standard interior stairways. If you want to get a longer lifespan out of the structure, you have to pay more to install hardwoods such asoak stairs. A kit staircase that relies on steel instead of wood is less expensive and cost $400- $1500.
- Sealing, painting and stainingthe stairs is helpful to prevent wear and tear and any insects from ruining the raw lumber.
- Substantial freight or delivery charges can often run $300-$600.
- Your location. As a matter of fact,metropolitan areas require additional expenses
- How to save money?
The cost of hired carpenter is about $45 per hour (approximately $750 for the whole project).The simplicity of a set of pre-built stairs makes it a great choice for the DIY project as the average time span required for assembling and mounting a basement staircase is maximum six or eight hours, plus the necessary tools are only hammers, a powerful drill and a level.