There are ample of attractive places to visit around Mumbai which make for ideal weekend getaways away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolitan. Some of the best hill stations are nestled in the vast Sahyadri Ranges of Maharashtra featuring magnificent scenic landscapes and major tourist attractions. The serene environment of these hill stations attracts a vast number of tourists each year.
- Lonavala – Lonavala is a pleasing tourist getaway from Mumbai that features an array of attractions including waterfalls, lush green hills and peaceful lakes. It is a hotspot for camping, hiking, and trekking enthusiasts. It isn’t just blessed with several offerings of nature but also features some excellent resorts, hotels, and luxurious properties for the convenience of the tourists.
Distance From Mumbai – 83.1 kilometers via Mumbai Highway
Also See: Marvelous Tourist Attractions in Iceland
- Matheran – Matheran is nestled at an elevation of 2600 feet above sea level and is one of the hill stations with the most serene and spectacular vistas. Located in the Sahyadri Ranges, Matheran is renowned for its viewpoints and features a total of 36 amazing viewpoints. Many viewpoints boast trekking trails with lush greenery all around.
Distance From Mumbai – 42.5 kilometers
- Lavasa – The beautiful hill station of Lavasa spreads across seven marvelous hills combining both modern infrastructures like resorts and hotels along with scenic landscapes. The location features various recreational attractions for tourists. It boasts vast stretches of lakefront which further makes the entire place look spectacular. It is one of the best examples of a planned hill station.
Distance From Mumbai – 186.7 kilometers via Mumbai Highway
Must See: Top Beaches in Goa
- Bhandardara – Bhandardara is yet another weekend getaway from Mumbai conveniently located in the Sahyadri Ranges. The hill station boasts sparkling waterfalls and lush greenery surrounded by high risen mountains. Apart from this, there are several tourist attractions to keep the visitors entertained making it an ideal spot for a peaceful weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolitan life.
Distance From Mumbai – 163.8 kilometers via National Highway 160
- Igatpuri – Igatpuri is yet another hill station that lies in the close vicinity of Mumbai. It is blessed with some of the high paks of Maharashtra. For adventure and nature enthusiasts Igatpuri is no less than heaven. One can reach the place via roadways or even take a train to the same as there is a functional railway station in Igatpuri connecting it to nearby cities.
Distance From Mumbai – 120.7 kilometers via National Highway 160