The admit cards for JEE Mains 2020 will be released on 6th December 2019 by National Testing Agency. The first-session exams will be held from 6th to 11th January 2020, and the JEE Mains admit card can be downloaded from the official website of JEE Mains. The second-session exams will be held from 3rd to 9th April 2020.
Important dates for the JEE Mains 2020 exams:
|JEE Mains||First session||Second session|
|Admit card||6th December 2019||16th March 2020|
|Exam dates||6th to 11th January 2020||3rd to 9th April 2020|
How to download the JEE Mains 2020 admit card:
Only those candidates who have registered themselves and filled the application for JEE Mains can download the admit card from the website. Visit the official website – jeemains.nic.in and login. Below are the steps candidates need to follow to download their JEE Main admit cards.
- Applicants can use their application number and the password they used during form fill-up to download their admit cards.
- The application number is sent to the candidate via email or SMS once the form is filled.
- Enter your application number and password; moreover, there will be an option to provide a security pin. Click on the “submit” option once you filled in all the details.
- You will find your JEE Mains 2020 admit card on the dashboard of the website; go forward and download it.
- The admit card can also be downloaded using one’s date of birth and application number.
- On the official JEE website, enter the application number sent to you via email or SMS. Provide your date of birth and the security pin and click on the “submit” option.
- You will be redirected to an online dashboard, where you can view your admit card as well as download it.
How to recover the JEE Mains password and application number:
If you forget your application number or password, these are the steps you must follow to recover them:
- On the official website of JEE Mains 2020, click on the option “I can’t access my account.”
- Next, you will find the options: Forgot Application Number and Forgot Password. Click on the appropriate option.
- Now, if you can’t recall your application number, you will be asked to enter personal details such as your mother’s name, your date of birth, State Code of Eligibility, security pin, and your father’s name. After providing these details, click on the “submit” button. You will be redirected and will receive your application number.
- When it comes to resetting your password, it can be done by either answering security questions or by requesting for a verification link to be sent to your registered email address.
- If these two options don’t work for you, don’t get restless. You can also opt to receive a verification code through SMS on your registered mobile number. Next, you can reset your password and download your JEE Mains admit card.
Checklist of things to carry for students appearing for JEE Mains 2020:
- The registered candidates must be ready with their application number as well as password to download the JEE admit card.
- Please carry a colour printout of your admit card to the examination venue.
- Also carry the same passport-size photograph that you uploaded on the application form. Carry your PwD certificate (if it is applicable for you).
- Don’t forget to carry an original valid identity proof issued by the government, such as PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhar card, or driving licence.
The JEE Main admit card contains crucial details such as information regarding the test centre, candidate’s details, test centre number, shift timings, important instruction for JEE, and the reporting and gate-closing time for the exam. In some cases, in spite of submitting the form and fee, candidates are unable to access their admit cards; feel free to contact the NTA helpline in such a situation. Go through the information regarding the exam pattern so that you are prepared well in advance.