Everyone around the world is aware of the importance of good hygiene at this point.
Therefore, in addition to washing our hands frequently, many of us are also trying to clean the devices we often touch, like cell phones or computers. How can we forget that there are objects that we handle every day that can be carriers of germs and bacteria?
If you want to keep germs at bay and wonder how to disinfect your laptop screen without damaging it, keep reading because we will explain what you have to do.
Online and offline, you have at your disposal several disinfectant products to clean electronic devices. Suppose we follow most manufacturers’ recommendations, including HP or Apple. In that case, the best way to disinfect your computer is to use a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution.
You can buy this ready-to-use product, Tooli Alcohol Wipes for computer screen, a 75% ethyl alcohol solution.
Suppose you have experience in handling these types of products. In that case, you can also prepare your solution by incorporating in a container a proportion of 70% pure isopropyl alcohol and 30% water, as HP explains on its support page.
Once you have this product, to proceed with the disinfection of your laptop computer, ensure to follow the steps below:
- Wear disposable gloves to protect your hands.
- Ensure your device is turned off, and unplug it from power.
- Don’t use paper towels, toilet paper, cotton, or any other material; they all leave a residue.
- Clean the surfaces of your laptop gently: top cover, bottom cover, screen, and keyboard.
- On the screen, try to pass the wipe in only one direction, in an upward-downward movement.
- For the keyboard, use a cotton swab if there is dirt embedded between the keys, and use compressed air to remove the dust.
- Be careful to keep moisture out of ports and other openings.
- After disinfecting, take off your gloves, wash your hands well, and clean the surface on which you have carried out the cleaning.
How to Clean Your Laptop Screen: For the Toughest Dirt, Oil, and Sticky Grime
Eyeglass wearers and camera owners know this little tool very well; after all, it is the best way to clean your camera lens and your glasses. It is designed to clean dust and dirt without producing lint or scratches on delicate surfaces. Alcohol wipes are the best tool to start when it comes to cleaning your laptop screen.
Although you can use cloth-based materials, some of these are likely to leave their own detritus. Oh, and don’t even think of making use of a towel or tissue. They may appear soft when blowing our noses, but they are a danger when it comes to scratch-prone screens.
Step 1: Buy alcohol wipes for your computer screen. Many exist out there, but the ones specifically designed for screen or lens cleaning will work best.
Step 2: turn off your computer. It is safer this way, but having a blank screen can help you better see the dust that needs to be removed.
Step 3: Gently press the screen, always clean in one direction. Don’t scrub or wipe in circles, as you could damage the screen by causing the same dust particles to circulate on it.
Step 4: Continue cleaning the screen until it is free of dust.
For more information, visit Affordable PPE.