Car trade-in value refers to the value of the car when someone is trying to sell it in exchange for a new car. Selling a car means parting with something very precious which had been an integral part of the owner’s life for the past years. While an individual is planning to buy or sell a car, he or she would like to be aware of the real value of the vehicle. It is important to know the car trade-in value. There are some free valuation tools which helps one know the following things:
- It helps to know the correct value of the vehicle whether he or she is planning to sell it privately or wants to trade-in or forecourt.
- The tool helps the owner of the car know the price almost instantly without any hassle.
- All the tool needs are the number plate of the car and the mileage.
The valuation report will consist of a number of things which are:
- Details of the car: Includes the registration date of the car, average mileage based on the age of the vehicle and the color.
- Original market value: It refers to the price of the car when it was purchased and also the market value of the car at present.
- Prices for selling privately: The report will show the value, that is, the price of the car for two conditions. The conditions include if the car is in a fairly good condition or the car in a bad condition.
- Trade-in value: The report also includes the value of the car if the owner wants to sell it as a part of an exchange for a new car.
- Forecourt price: The report also shows the price of the car if someone tries to buy it from a dealer.
All the things one needs to know when selling a car is mentioned above.