GATE Cut-Off: The minimum marks required by the candidates to qualify for the GATE exam is known as GATE Cut-Off. The candidates should be aware GATE Cut-Off is different for 29 papers.
The qualifying GATE Cut off is published by the organizing IIT and GATE Admission Cut-Off is published by all the participating institutes individually. Performance of candidates in GATE and Previous year trends in Cut-off are the parameters for deciding the GATE Qualifying cut-off. The number of applications received and availability of seats are the parameters deciding the GATE Admission Cut-off.
The graduate aptitude test in Engineering, more popularly known as GATE, requires strategic planning to clear in the first attempt. Many candidates fail to plan or follow a plan which fails miserably. This article will help the candidates to prepare a flawless strategy to clear GATE in the first attempt.
- Early Bird catches the worm: The candidates committed to clearing the exam should start an early preparation. The syllabus is vast, and candidates need to give a lot of mock tests. An early start always gives wings to preparation, and candidates feel confident as the time comes near. Early preparation also helps the candidates ensure they do not skip one or two topics that may come in GATE Exam.
- Knowing the entire syllabus: This is the first and foremost step to start the preparation. The candidates need to remember the complete syllabus as it enables them to plan and remain focused on the preparation. Remembering a complete syllabus also helps in understanding which topics can take more time in preparation.
- Understanding the GATE 2022 Exam Pattern: The candidates should check out previous years’ papers and visit the GATE 2022 website to analyze the exam pattern. The GATE exam consists of both multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical-type questions (NAT). Try to understand the marking scheme of different question papers.
- Follow a Schedule: A disciplined approach always does wonders to prepare, and a daunting task becomes very simple. Categorize topics into Weak, Medium and Strong areas and devote time to each area accordingly.
- Dedicated Study Hours: Lakhs of students appear for GATE, and aspirants are required to put in the best efforts. The students should have set hours for study and have breaks in between to keep the concentration going.
- Making Notes: This is, in fact, the best habit that ensures the candidates memorize essential concepts. Notes always help in fast revision and help to save much time. The candidates do not need to carry heavy books everywhere, and they can be revised anywhere.
- Solving Mock Tests: This tip is given by most experts and toppers of the GATE exam. Solving mock tests with BYJU’s Exam Prep is very beneficial and helps the candidates to score high in exams. Mock tests are designed like actual GATE exams and help the candidates get familiar with the pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
- Analyze the results of Mock Tests: The analysis of question papers is crucial as candidates can check their preparation levels and identify strong and weak areas. The candidates should do the time analysis of solving a different category of questions. The candidates should check out options to solve the questions more quickly.
- Best Reference Books: The candidates should purchase or borrow the best available books to prepare GATE. Many experts and toppers recommend certain books which have helped to achieve success in the GATE exam.
- Health is wealth: The candidates should look to take care of their health as a healthy mind develops in a healthy body. The candidates should have a proper sleep pattern and look to take small breaks in between study hours.
General Tips for cracking GATE 2022
The candidates should check out these general but useful tips to crack GATE 2022 exam.
- Keep the revision going while preparing: The candidates should not forget to do the revision of the topics covered, as the syllabus is very comprehensive.
- More Mock Tests: Taking full mock tests helps to keep the examination mode on and the candidates are able to analyze their strengths and weaknesses regularly.
- Making Self-written Notes: Online lectures and Youtube videos should be avoided and the candidates should rely on the notes prepared by them.
- Follow a healthy life routine: The candidates should keep themselves in the best of health. This will help them to have the best preparation for the GATE exam.
- Getting all queries resolved in time: The candidates should get answers to all queries resolved before the exam day for GATE 2022.
Good Luck! Stay Connect with our Education Blog Write for us